For decades, the Ecclesia Group has been the reliable partner for hospitals in matters of risk protection. The strength and concentration necessary to incorporate new developments into care systems and to successfully translate them into insurance concepts, which are supported by the insurance industry, have helped Ecclesia to ascend to market leadership in Germany and to become a significant player in Europe.
Since 1994, the Ecclesia group company GRB – Gesellschaft für Risiko-Beratung mbH – has been supporting hospitals in Germany and Europe in developing and implementing risk management systems.Ecclesia maintains Europe’s largest database for medical malpractice claims with more than 13,000 new claims per year. These claims are analyzed and the results are used as a basis for study and are assimilated into new concepts. In so doing, the Group, as a specialist service provider for the healthcare sector, reflects findings relevant to loss prevention and patient safety back into the system.
The Ecclesia Group is partner of the German Association of Hospital Managers (VKD) at national level and of the European Association of Hospital Managers (EAHM) at European level. Companies and associations equally profit from the intense exchange aiming at continuously improving the safety culture in hospitals for the benefit of patients.
Facts and Figures
- Initially founded in 1909, corporate form as GmbH (limited liability company)since 1952
- Headquartered in Detmold (North Rhine-Westphalia)
- 1,550 employees
- Annual turnover of 204 million Euros
- Providing advice and assistance to 1,362 hospitals in Germany
- Market share in the hospital segment (Germany) of about 70 percent
- Leading in providing support to hospitals in Austria
- Own companies in Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Belgium, The Netherlands, Poland
- Global reach as a Partner of the JLT International Network, London